To keep yourself safe when interacting with people online, we suggest the following:
- Keep your personal details private. It is important not to share personal contact information, such as phone number, email, or home address, or with anyone you have not already communicated with on your profile.
- Do not ever share your SSN number with anyone requesting this information unless this is needed for a background check with our background check partner Checkr, or payroll processing, as it is securely stored on our website
- Keep all communication on Nanny Lane so you are able to connect with others on-site without sharing your phone number or email address.
To ensure your safety, all communication should take place on Nanny Lane directly, without the need to share your private contact information.
- Do not respond to families with contact information displayed in their profile. Scammers often try to move communication off the platform as soon as possible by giving you their email or phone number. If you receive a message like this, please report it immediately by following the steps outlined in How do I report a profile?
- If what the person is offering sounds too good to be true, it likely is. Be vigilant. If someone is persistent in sending you money before meeting you, we can guarantee this is an scam. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! No legitimate employer will ask you for your banking information or give you money without meeting with you.
- Do not accept a job or hire a candidate without having met them and discussed the details first. Ask to have a phone interview or virtual interview before meeting anyone in person or accepting a job.
We want you to find a candidate/job but we also want to alert you to some common internet scams to keep you safe.
When using any online service, it is important to be careful when connecting with others online and to be aware of online scammers.